KXAN in Austin, Texas is looking for a News Video Editor/Photographer who excels at combining creativity, composition skills and technical expertise to produce video that tells a compelling visual story.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 7/10/2019
Closing Date: 8/10/2019
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capture video and edit stories for daily newscasts
- Schedule includes working weekends.
- Collaborate with news producers on video elements of newscasts.
- Shoot and edit news video stories in the field.
- Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and accurate news stories.
- Take direction from the assignment desk, producers, field crews and production personnel.
- Maintain and operate camera equipment and company vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Ability to edit raw video to newscast form in a manner to complete the story for the viewer.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Maintains positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
- Responds positively to feedback.
- Must present professional image as a representation of the station at all times.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED is required. A
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related
field preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience video
Training/Equipment: Operating live trucks and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Contact: Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Apply Online URL: https://www.kxan.com/about-us/work-for-us/
Job Req #:2019-5792
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****