Produce original news content, with a strong focus on racial and social justice reporting, for a variety of media platforms in collaboration with PBS Wisconsin’s team of digital and broadcast news journalists. Engage PBS Wisconsin audience through digital, broadcast and social media. This position reports to the Executive Producer of News. Learn more and apply.
- Produce broadcast news video reports as well as digital news articles, audio and video content while employing high journalistic standards, meeting deadlines and employing innovative production techniques.
- Develop digital franchises and workflows with the intent to produce video, audio, photo and text to be of multi-purpose use on broadcast and online platforms.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of issues, events and newsmakers across the state with particular focus and trauma literacy in the field of racial and social justice.
- Identify new and maintain existing working relationships with experts and others working in the field of racial and social justice.
- Closely collaborate with PBS Wisconsin’s social media and digital managers and Executive Producer of News to create public interaction and dissemination of engaging content through social media.
- Collaborate with Wisconsin Public Radio, WisContext and other PBS Wisconsin content creators, communicating and coordinating production needs for assigned projects.
- Stay current on best practices in broadcast and online journalism and recommend ways to enhance PBS Wisconsin’s offerings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.