City Limits seeks a bilingual reporter/editor to create a new stream of journalism about and for Spanish-speaking New York City.
The successful candidate will have
- extensive experience (at least 5 years) in metro, political, public-service and/or investigative reporting and writing in the Spanish language, preferably in New York City
- substantial experience as a news editor
- proven ability to manage a project combining reporting, editing and audience engagement
- a commitment to empowering New York communities through probing, accurate journalism
This post will involve
- original reporting of in-depth and breaking news stories
- coordinating the translation of some portions of City Limits’ English-language news into Spanish
- cultivating opinion articles and freelance news reporting in Spanish
- helping to create methods for disseminating Spanish-language news and engaging with that audience
- representing City Limits on panels, in media appearances and more
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a chance to be part of an award-winning editorial team devoted to the mission of engaging a larger, better-informed public in the work of shaping New York City’s future. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a resume, cover letter, three to five clips (at least one clip should be in English and at least one in Spanish) and three references to email@example.com . No phone calls, please.