Reveal is looking for a web producer to help with our daily story production. The role will be temporary, full time through December 15, 2019, with a possibility of some ongoing part-time work in 2020.
You will play an essential role in our newsroom by helping us get our stories and podcast published on our website. You will be working closely with our digital designer, collaborating on engaging visual stories and managing our CMS. The ideal candidate is passionate about visual storytelling and has a strong interest in using tools and processes to improve workflow.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Laying out editorial content on our CMS and publishing it
- Coordinating visual assets and text between editors, reporters and the copy desk
- Making photo and art selections for lead art for our investigations
- Commissioning photographers and illustrators for our stories
- Working with our data team to make sure interactives work on our CMS
- Assisting in filing and managing tickets for our external team of developers to further refine and build upon our website’s codebase
- 1+ years of experience working in WordPress
- Ability to write basic HTML and CSS
- Eye for design, photography and illustration
- Availability to work some nights and weekends, depending on story publication times
- Newsroom and editorial experience
- Design, photography and illustration skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD and/or After Effects) or design tools like Sketch or Figma
- Google Analytics and user research experience
This describes everything we are looking for. Our newsroom is successful because of the sum of its parts – we recognize that no one person will be equally strong in every area and that some candidates will bring other strengths or experiences that we haven’t described here. If you are passionate about our work and have a vision to share with us, please apply. We will carefully consider every serious applicant.
This position is full time, preferably based in Emeryville, CA, but we are open to the right candidate working remotely, and offer competitive wages.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and two work samples. In your cover letter, please tell us about your approach to visual storytelling and anything you’d like us to know about your work samples. Please use this link to apply and submit applications by September 18, 2019.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to diversify our workforce.