2020 NICAR T-shirt contest
The National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting will once again be selling a T-shirt in celebration of data journalism. The proposal with the most votes will be sold as a T-shirt at the upcoming NICAR Conference in New Orleans.
How it works:
Jan. 8 – 19: Review the contest rules and details. Submit your designs by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries will be posted to this page.
Jan. 20 – 26: Vote for your favorite designs.
Early February: Winning designs announced on the IRE website.
Rules and details:
- It must be work appropriate.
- There are no restrictions on colors, but keep in mind that the more detailed/multi-colored the graphic, the costlier it will be for NICAR to print the shirts.
- It should include #NICAR20 to celebrate the 2020 data journalism conference.
- By sending in the suggestion to NICAR, you don’t retain rights to the final T-shirt. (This does not include bragging rights, which the designer will maintain in perpetuity.)
How to enter:
- Send official entries as JPG or PNG files to email@example.com. Only submissions sent to that email will be entered in the contest.
- Entries are due Sunday, Jan. 19.