Master class: It’s just video… Until a storyteller creates an experience
Tried and true drivers of the narrative: focus, surprise, suspense, and character are powerful tools. It’s time to put them to work in your stories. Together, let’s answer the questions, why do we laugh, why do we cry, why do we care - and how can we make it happen for our viewers more often? Boyd Huppert will open wide the toolbox that’s helped him earn an unprecedented 19 National Edward R. Murrow Awards in both hard news and feature reporting.
Topics will include:
* Creating interactive – not passive – viewing experiences
* The first :30 -- hooking viewers with powerful opens
* How to avoid emotion-draining clichés
* Unlocking the hidden power in sentences
* Ten literary devices that will breathe life into your writing
* Creating moment-driven stories viewers will remember long after the newscast ends
Bring a laptop or note pad. This session will be loaded with practical tips to bring back to your newsroom and your next story.
Pre-registration is required and seating is limited. This class is from noon - 4 p.m. (ET)
NOTE: Registration is required for this session. Click here to sign up.
No tipsheets have yet been uploaded for this event.