Master class: Management
Experienced editors will share practical tips on how they’ve run their teams to produce high-impact investigations and blockbuster projects — even when newsroom resources are tight. Mark Rochester, editor-in-chief at Type Investigations, and Jim Schaefer, senior news director at Detroit Free Press, will discuss how they became I-team leaders and detail how they helped their reporters excel.
Topics will include:
* How to run a team to create the best work
* Managing up: handling expectations from bosses (and avoiding drive-by editing)
* Picking stories, producing packages, and bullet-proofing everything
* The pros and cons of rolling investigations versus long-term projects
* Maintaining relationships around the newsroom
* Managing your time and organizing the work
This class is ideal for reporters who are looking to break into leadership and existing editors who want tips on how to manage effectively.
Pre-registration is required and seating is limited. This class is from noon - 4 p.m. (ET)
NOTE: Registration is required for this session. Click here to sign up.
No tipsheets have yet been uploaded for this event.