Data Journalism for Broadcasters
KTVB-Boise investigative reporter Jamie Grey explains how to get started on data projects, offering story ideas and tips for visualizing data on air. She walks through several examples including:
- Finding stories in airport and flight data
- Analyzing interstate crash data using basic Excel techniques
- Charting population change using driver’s license data
- Using county jail data to determine the cost of recidivism
- Turning quick-hit stories using post-election and bridge data
Grey’s presentation is designed for broadcast journalists, but would be good for anyone looking to get started in data journalism.
To download Jamie Grey’s presentation, click here.