The Center for Public Integrity, a Pulitzer Prize-winning national nonprofit news organization, seeks a communications associate to join its audience team to help introduce our investigative journalism about inequality in the U.S. to readers, key partners and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have experience in social media and email newsletter management, an understanding of the broadcast, print and online media landscape, and passion for our mission of investigating inequality. Public Integrity is based in Washington, D.C., but we are working remotely under pandemic conditions, and open to remote work applicants.
We welcome and encourage applicants with non-traditional career paths. If you don’t exactly meet the qualifications outlined here, please apply and tell us how your own experiences would equip you for the job.
Public Integrity offers a comprehensive benefit package, including generous paid vacation, holidays and personal days, 100% of employee health insurance premiums, and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
● Outreach to other media outlets and targeted stakeholder lists to promote Public Integrity’s work.
● Management of requests for, and proactive outreach related to, broadcast interviews and partnerships highlighting Public Integrity’s journalists and journalism.
● Assistance in management of Public Integrity’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
● Assistance in coordination of live in-person and online events.
● Copy writing, editing and coordination support for the development and audience teams’ fundraising and membership programs.
● Assistance in developing and/or coordinating new products, including engagement and multimedia projects.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Strong news judgment and a deep interest in the news.
● Ability to manage short- and long-term projects in an environment with shifting deadlines.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Exceptional organizational skills and a proven ability to work collegially with others.
● Deep knowledge of social media, website and email analytics using tools such as Chartbeat, Google Analytics and email newsletter platforms.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training.
To apply: All applications should include a cover letter and resume. Apply here.
This job is within the bargaining unit represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild, CWA Local 32035, and would be subject to a collective bargaining agreement covering the bargaining unit.
The Center for Public Integrity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive work environment. Public Integrity is committed to employment, advancement, and leadership opportunities that ensure diversity of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin or ancestry, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, and/or military or veteran status.