We want an innovator who can analyze and wrangle data into stories, charts, interactive features and whatever the next cool thing is. We want someone who wants to stay on the cutting edge of data journalism (yes, you should be a journalist). We will invest in you: training, classes and conferences.
What You'll Be Responsible For
You will come up with and execute data analysis articles and projects. Sometimes you’ll lend a hand to our other reporters to create data visualizations. You might also be asked to spot-check work done by others in our collegial newsroom.
You’ll be helping cover the financial advisor market and the life insurance industry.
What You Need to be Successful
We’re looking for people with some (or all) of the following:
• A keen interest in data-driven reporting, visual journalism and business news.
• Experience doing quantitative analyses, and using those results to create compelling stories and visualizations.
• A solid understanding of data analysis tools such as Python, R, Excel.
• Experience working as a journalist, preferably on a daily deadline.
• A track record of working successfully as part of a team.
• Strong ability to generate and pitch creative ideas.
• A detail-oriented, inquisitive nature, and being devoted to learning and improvement.
What’s in it For You? Our Culture & Benefits
• Generous paid time off including vacation, personal days, sick days
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life & disability insurance for employees and their families
• Competitive 401(k) and company match, profit sharing, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and commuter benefits
• Paid parental leave (maternity & paternity)
• Flexible working
• Other great perks such as summer Fridays, volunteer days and in-office events
• Employee-led networks that promote and celebrate diversity and inclusion in the workplace