Southwest Florida`s most-watched TV station, WINK News has an opening for a Investigative Producer. This position is responsible for leading our team in the research, writing, and editing of our investigative reports for multiple platforms. Gather facts, interview sources, write, produce news stories in a clear, concise and easy to understand way. Must be able to develop sources and break stories.
• Evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Work cooperatively with photographer and reporter assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience along with at least two years reporting experience required.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Strong news judgment, organizational skills, computer proficiency, keen sense of logistics, a clear and concise speaking voice, and the ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Excellent editorial judgment and mastery of journalistic ethics and libel law.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience.
• Periodically required to drive company vehicle to cover various assignments.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.