WTHR is the #1 TV & Digital station in Indianapolis, IN, and we are looking for our next great Investigative Reporter!
In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the editorial process every day and turning content as determined by the news of the day and long-term station goals. We need a bulldog investigator beholden only to uncovering the facts and to speaking truth to power. Our investigators turn short, middle and long-range content… from daily facts checks through our VERIFY brand to long-term investigations months in the making. Our investigations get noticed on a national level, and we need someone to join us to uphold that level of quality. If you're looking for your next challenge talk to us about joining one of the best newsrooms in the country!
• Responsible for contributing to and working within our award-winning investigative unit. Assignments will be determined based on needs by the Managing Editor and News Director.
• Responsible for communicating regular story ideas, along with progress reports, on the status of current projects.
• Responsible for flexibility of schedule and readiness to produce quality content, as our investigators generally appear on-air multiple times a week depending on the content.
• Responsible for turning digital content surrounding your stories, including social media posts and enhanced digital web scripts.
• 3-5 years of reporting experience required.
• Proven history with investigative and/or consumer reporting.
• Familiarity with ENPS and Edius editing software is a plus.
• Must provide a reel of current on-air work.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.tegna.jobs.net.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.