The Connecticut Inside Investigator, a new nonprofit investigative journalism organization focused on Connecticut, seeks two full-time, talented reporters to join the team.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to write quickly and clearly for a Connecticut-based audience, a basic understanding of public policy, and the ability to clearly articulate their thoughts. This is intended to be an entry-level role, though candidates more advanced in their career are welcome to apply.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a flexible, collaborative environment taking edits and assignments, but also interested in pitching long form investigative ideas of their own. Professional journalism experience isn't required, but a willingness to learn is.
The reporter must be able to build relationships in Connecticut and report complex stories accessibly and accurately.
We offer a retirement plan with employer matching and health insurance, among other benefits. Pay is commensurate with experience.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
· Writing daily news items for the Connecticut Inside Investigator
· Pitching and reporting out longer-form investigative stories in your area(s) of interest as time allows
· Assisting with miscellaneous social media, web, and other duties as assigned
· At least three published works
· Grasp of journalistic practices and ethics
· Sharp organizational skills
· Ability to think about and unpack news stories
Send published works, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com