PUENTE COLLABORATIVE SEEKS EXPERIENCED BORDER REPORTER
The Puente News Collaborative, a unique cross-border collaboration of 8 newsrooms publishing stories about impactful issues facing El Paso and Ciudad Juárez, is looking for an experienced enterprise reporter to create revealing investigations.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a track record of original, in-depth content
- Have a commitment to balanced, responsible, fact-based journalism
- Have a penchant for connecting with people, sources, viewers, readers – regardless of the medium
- Believe in holding those in power accountable, work to expose corruption and waste
- Be organized, have superb attention to detail, be able to handle quick-turnaround stories and deep investigations
- Be an active consumer and creator of content from multiple sources geographically and philosophically
- Love collaborating across platforms – and newsrooms! This position will have you working with print and TV legacy newsrooms, plus fresh New Media newsrooms, and across borders and languages
- Be highly motivated, able to meet deadlines and adjust to the fast pace of dynamic newsrooms
- Be a creative visual storyteller, deliver engaging live shots.
- Embrace social media
- A BA/BS degree
- 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education + relevant experience
- Experience filing open records requests, analyzing and managing data, IRE, NICAR training is strongly preferred.
Bilingual, bicultural candidates will have an edge given the mission of the Collaborative, but go ahead and apply if you check off a lot of the other boxes.
The salary range is $65,000-$75,000. The position includes benefits.