WBUR is looking for a new reporter with a passion for covering the news and uncovering interesting stories. We hold our reporting to high standards, we love great storytelling, and we like to have fun too. Right now, we need a reporter who thrives on covering breaking news, general assignment and enterprise stories, both for broadcast and the web. Past general assignment reporters have developed special expertise on beats that were under-covered, and we strongly encourage that. Broadcast reporting experience is a plus. If you're ready to meet tight deadlines, file for newscast and digital, and take some deeper dives too, this is the opportunity for you. One last thing to know before you apply. This reporter will work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
• Produce reports on-air and online for assigned stories, including but not limited to: Writing, researching, gathering material, timing of sound bites and natural sounds, and editing.
• Conduct interviews with sources, including but not limited to: Contact sources; interview sources; gathering sound; transcribe interviews; and write stories for broadcast and the web.
• Develop story ideas and sources, including but not limited to: Read multiple regional newspapers and journals; following events on news wires and twitter; contact sources and community leaders for leads on development of ongoing regional issues.
• Produce scripts for wbur.org and other digital platforms; assist in producing web assets for wbur.org.
• Other WBUR projects as needed
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, Master's degree welcome. At least three to five years of related experience.
Minimum salary: 72,675.00
Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, tuition remission, paid time off, and so much more!