TV NEWS - STORY COORDINATOR / BOOKER / INVESTIGATIVE RESEARCHER
Inside Edition is looking for a story coordinator for its award-winning TV news program. This New York based position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is committed to consumer, investigative, entertainment and features reporting and is looking for a low-level job with strong growth potential. Candidates outside New York will also be considered.
Story Coordinators work closely with producers to find and coordinate all aspects of TV news segments.
Candidates must have excellent research, phone and people skills. Duties involve making numerous phone calls to secure interviews and gather information, doing background research utilizing public records and conducting pre-interviews. Applicants must be team players who can juggle multiple projects and work well under pressure.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
• Some prior reporting experience in television or print (No entry-level candidates please.)
• Must be highly motivated, self-starter who is skeptical, aggressive and extremely professional
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Able to enterprise original, important story ideas
• A working knowledge of government, courts, law enforcement and FOIA
• Excellent computer and social media skills
• Able to travel and work nights/weekends as necessary
• New York based preferred but not required
ViacomCBS/Inside Edition is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Email resumes to:
Sr. Investigative Producer