TMZ is seeking a Web Producer/Website Writer who will be responsible for writing various short-form, fact-based news stories. This role requires evaluating information – anything from videos to legal documents -- and constructing an accurate story that’s also entertaining to read. This position requires someone who is adept in pop culture and entertainment. The ability to react quickly, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is essential for success in this role. This position will report to the Executive Producer’s and is located in Los Angeles, CA.
• Provide daily writing copy for the website, covering stories on a variety of entertainment-related news topics
• Research leads and evaluate assets (video, photos, audio clips)
• Contribute to the daily editorial process
• Research social media sites and blogs for potential content leads
• Other duties, as assigned
• 2-4 years’ experience working in a web/online creative content role, preferred
• Background in writing, news and copy editing
• Legal writing knowledge is a plus
• Solid understanding of HTML (embed video, hyperlinks, add photos, etc), proofreading skills, and sound news judgment
• Must have the ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities, heavy deadlines, and daily time constraints
• Superior oral and written communication skills are required, including excellent skills in spelling, grammar and story construction
• The ability to work effectively, both individually and as part of a team, is required
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.