Advertise with IRE
Create a package of print, online, newsletter or event marketing opportunities to maximize your visibility and your ad budget. With more than 5,000 members representing working journalists from all media, academics and students worldwide, IRE offers an audience dedicated to journalism in the public interest and a community of professionals who freely share their expertise to help maintain and strengthen the traditions of watchdog reporting.
Our flagship quarterly publication delivers the stories behind the latest stories, including exclusive tips for successful investigations. The reporters, editors and producers who write for the Journal share the processes that went into reporting and presenting the story, creating a how-to knowledge base unlike any other.
2018 publication schedule for the quarterly IRE Journal
- Quarter 1 – 2018: Est. delivery February 28, 2018 – Ads due: January 12, 2018
- Quarter 2 – 2018: Est. delivery May 28, 2018 – Ads due: April 11, 2018
- Quarter 3 – 2018: Est. delivery August 31, 2018 – Ads due: July 16, 2018
- Quarter 4 – 2018: Est. delivery November 30, 2018 – Ads due: October 15, 2018
*This is a general planning guide. Contact Stephanie Klimstra, director of events, [email protected], #407-246-9097 for final deadlines, to reserve space and ad submission.
Jobs, fellowships and awards listings
The online Job Center promotes professional opportunities (jobs, awards, fellowships, scholarships, etc) to an audience of working journalists, educators and students who share IRE’s dedication to the highest standards for in-depth reporting.
- $150 for a 6 week listing for jobs, 12 week listing for all others
- Requests submitted by email are typically posted within 24 hours
Site rotation ads display on multiple pages within www.ire.org (excluding the main page) on a rotating basis with other ads of the same size. We can work with you to customize site locations to best fit your needs. The site supports graphics and Flash animation up to a maximum file size of 40KB. Please provide desired click-through URL when providing your ad.
Bi-weekly electronic newsletter (Quick Hits)
IRE’s bi-weekly electronic newsletter, Quick Hits, is the fastest way to get a message to all IRE members and supporters. You can choose an issue, or multiple issues, to target your message at just the right time. The newsletter is available to members and non-members. Our marketing partners are invited to subscribe, too.
Sign up using any one of the following methods:
- Text message: Just send us your email via text message. Text ‘IRE’ to 22828.
- Form: Give us your email and we’ll automatically subscribe you to Quick Hits.
Online ad dimensions and rates
See current prices in our rate sheet for dimensions and sizes.
Conference Sponsorship, Custom Events, Exhibitors/Recruiters
IRE’s annual conferences let you showcase your product and expertise for an audience of journalists from all media, including some of the leading news organizations worldwide, who come to discuss the most important topics in investigative reporting, trade ‘how-to’ advice and gain hands-on training that only IRE offers.
Learn more about how to be a exhibitor, recruiter, advertiser or sponsor of an upcoming event:
- The 2019 IRE Conference will take place June 13-16 in Houston, for the ultimate opportunity to network with the journalists involved in the year’s most successful watchdog work and to find out how the best in the business get the story.
For details about exhibitor/recruiter opportunities, special training or social events, or other marketing options, contact Stephanie Klimstra, director of events, [email protected].