Advertise with IRE
Create a package of print, online, newsletter or event marketing opportunities to maximize your visibility and your ad budget. With more than 5,500 members representing working journalists from all media, academics and students worldwide, IRE offers an audience dedicated to journalism in the public interest and a community of professionals who freely share their expertise to help maintain and strengthen the traditions of watchdog reporting.
Our flagship quarterly publication delivers the stories behind the latest stories, including exclusive tips for successful investigations. The reporters, editors and producers who write for the Journal share the processes that went into reporting and presenting the story, creating a how-to knowledge base unlike any other.
2020/2021 publication schedule for the quarterly IRE Journal
- Quarter 4 – 2020: Est. delivery last week of November – Ad space reserved by September 18, 2020;
Ads due: October 9, 2020
- Quarter 1 – 2021: Est. delivery end of February – Ad space reserved by December 1, 2020;
Ads due: January 11, 2021
- Quarter 2 – 2021: Est. delivery end of May – Ad space reserved by March 12, 2021;
Ads due: April 9, 2021
- Quarter 3 – 2021: Est. delivery end of August – Ad space reserved by June 14, 2021;
Ads due: July 16, 2021
- Quarter 4 – 2021: Est. delivery end of November – Ad space reserved by September 17, 2021;
Ads due: October 8, 2021
*This is a general planning guide. Contact Stephanie Klimstra, email@example.com, #407-246-9097 for final deadlines, to reserve space and ad submission.
Jobs, fellowships and awards listings
The online Job Center promotes professional opportunities (jobs, awards, fellowships, scholarships, etc) to an audience of working journalists, educators and students who share IRE’s dedication to the highest standards for in-depth reporting.
- $150 for a 6 week listing for jobs, 12 week listing for all others
- Requests submitted by email are typically posted within 48 business hours
Site rotation ads display on multiple pages within www.ire.org (excluding the main page) on a rotating basis with other ads of the same size. We can work with you to customize site locations to best fit your needs. Please provide desired click-through URL when providing your ad. Ads are typically placed within 48 business hours.
Bi-weekly electronic newsletter (Quick Hits)
IRE’s bi-weekly electronic newsletter, Quick Hits, is the fastest way to get a message to all IRE members and supporters. You can choose an issue, or multiple issues, to target your message at just the right time. The newsletter is available to members and non-members. Our marketing partners are invited to subscribe, too.
Sign up using any one of the following methods:
- Text message: Just send us your email via text message. Text ‘IRE’ to 22828.
- Form: Give us your email and we’ll automatically subscribe you to Quick Hits.
Online ad dimensions and rates
See current prices in our rate sheet for dimensions and sizes.
Conference Sponsorship, Custom Events, Exhibitors/Recruiters
IRE’s annual conferences let you showcase your product and expertise for an audience of journalists from all media, including some of the leading news organizations worldwide, who come to discuss the most important topics in investigative reporting, trade ‘how-to’ advice and gain hands-on training that only IRE offers.
Learn more about how to be a exhibitor, recruiter, advertiser or sponsor of an upcoming events:
- The 2021 NICAR Conference will take place March 4-7 in Baltimore, MD.
- The 2021 IRE Conference will take place June 17-20 in Indianapolis, IN.
For details about exhibitor/recruiter opportunities, special training, social events, or other marketing options, contact Stephanie Klimstra, firstname.lastname@example.org.