FRONTLINE is looking for a senior developer to oversee day-to-day digital operations of our website, our upcoming tablet application, and future mobile HTML5-based platforms.
Under the guidance of FRONTLINE's Assistant Managing Editor for Digital, you'll work with our digital technologist, senior designer and our digital editorial team to develop innovative editorial features and oversee support of existing infrastructure.
- Work with digital team to conceptualize, develop, code, test and debug new innovative digital features
- Assist in maintenance and improvements to existing Wordpress platform & plugins as well as a Node.js-based content management system
- Work with external contractors to manage deployment of special features
- Stay up to date on new technologies and best practices, and analyze for best fit, usage, stability and performance
- Help develop FRONTLINE's overall technology strategy
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with a passion for journalism and previous experience working in a deadline-driven news environment. You'll enjoy working collaboratively and you'll be energized by the number of ways in which stories can be told in the digital landscape.
- 5 years basic systems administration and experience with Amazon AWS
- Strong skills in PHP, Node.js, relational databases like MySQL and Postgres
- Experience with version control systems and working on projects with multiple coders
- Experience with video technology
- Experience with responsive web design, transmedia projects and the D3 framework are all plusses.
Learn more and apply for the job here: https://wgbh.secure.force.com/positiondetail?id=a0jF0000001uGtgIAE%3E