Take advantage of the many benefits of joining IRE. Look up investigative journalists throughout the world or across your state. Join mailing lists that allow you to share reporting techniques or just share your thoughts.
- Apply to join online today!
- Contact us to request a form by fax or mail, or to apply over the phone 573-884-1444.
Who is eligible?
View our membership categories and fees.
Benefits of IRE Membership
Membership in IRE puts you in the company of the world’s best reporters, editors and producers.
- A subscription to The IRE Journal. The quarterly magazine is packed with features about recent print, online and broadcast investigations, stories on journalism techniques and issues, reviews of books and Web sites, updates on training opportunities and news on fellow members. International members view the Journal electronically, or pay an additional $20 per year for mailing.
- Quick Hits is a biweekly electronic newsletter containing information about IRE programs, reporting tips and updates on members’ activities in between issues of The IRE Journal. Click here to subscribe.
- Waived access fee to the IRE Resource Center and its 23,250 archived investigative stories.
- Online access to thousands of reporter tipsheets produced by leading journalists from around the world.
- Waived access fee to purchase databases from the IRE and NICAR Database Library.
- Discount on a subscription to NICAR-Learn, IRE’s data journalism training platform. NICAR-Learn is an on-demand video gallery designed for journalists to learn and share computer-assisted reporting techniques. NICAR-Learn also includes Uplink, our computer-assisted reporting blog.
- Free job seekers board where members can anonymously post their qualifications, describe the job they want and invite employers to contact them.
- Member-only conferences, seminars, workshops and boot camps designed to fit your training needs.
- Discounts on tapes and books.
- Access to all members-only areas of the IRE website, plus access to all IRE listservs.
- Connections to a network of more than 5,500 journalists dedicated to investigative reporting.
- Eligibility to enter the annual IRE Awards, the nation’s top investigative journalism contest.