There are only three days left to take advantage of the early-bird rate to attend IRE’s Computer-Assisted Reporting Conference.
The deadline to register for the early rate of $195 ends Monday, Feb. 14, at noon. You’ll still be able to register on-site, at a rate of $225. Registration information can be found here.
Come and learn about tools you need to dig deeper into stories and give readers, viewers and your online audience the information they're demanding. The CAR conference offers something for everyone, from beginners to those on the cutting edge of digital reporting. We'll offer everything from the latest technological advances to the basics on using spreadsheets, databases and online mapping. Learn from the best in the business in panel discussions and during hands-on training sessions. Bypass the budget issues in your newsroom by taking classes in free software. Or get a look at what the biggest names in data-driven reporting are using to make a major impact online.
This year’s conference will include:
• Gearing up for Census releases: finding stories and handling data
• Behind the WikiLeaks analysis: Handling huge amounts of data on tight deadlines
• Going Open Source — Free software, from spreadsheets to GIS
• Google Refine and other new tools for handling data
• Story ideas and databases to work numerous beats
• Tools for investigative analysis of documents
• The latest in mapping
• Collaborative CAR
• Going it Alone: bloggers and freelancers
• Hands-on track for beginners
• Hands-on track to create Web applications
See this year’s schedule and expected speakers here. You don’t want to miss this conference!