Learn how to follow the campaign money trail and track political influence in a series of panels at next month's IRE Conference in Boston.
Our focus on Campaign 2012 kicks off with a free pre-day workshop focusing on companies' influence on politics and the election. The sessions, sponsored by the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism, take place Wednesday afternoon and are open to all.
The series of sessions during the conference include:
- Backgrounding Candidates and Truth-Testing Claims
- How Healthcare and Other Key Issues will Influence the Race
- What's So Super about PACs (and 501cs)?
- Online Tools for Digging Into Campaign Cash
- Following the Money
- Excel for Elections (a hands-on class)
The sessions include speakers from The Wall Street Journal, The Associated Press, The New York Times, the Sunlight Foundation, the Center for Responsive Politics, FollowTheMoney.org, ABC News, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, ProPublica, Bloomberg, the Center for Public Integrity and NPR.
The Campaign 2012 track is sponsored by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund.