We’re busy planning panels, demos and hands-on classes for the 2017 IRE Conference in Phoenix. We’ve posted a partial list of expected sessions, but here are a few highlights:
- Want to learn how to scrape a website using code? We've got a three-hour class for you. No previous experience is required! Pre-register online.
- A partnership with the National Press Photographers Association will bring you beginner and advanced photojournalism classes.
- A hands-on drawing class taught by journalist-turned-artist Leah Kohlenberg will help tell better stories by tapping into your visual side.
- Panels on timely topics including covering Muslim America, investigating the media, and battling fake news.
- Hands-on classes to help you gather, analyze, clean and visualize data. We’ll have classes that start with the very basics (Excel 1: Getting started with spreadsheets) and get more advanced (Intermediate Python).
Want more conference news? Follow #IRE17 on Twitter and bookmark our IRE Conference Blog.