Reports dating back to the early 1990s indicate that top city officials were aware of high radon levels in the basement of Ann Arbor's city hall where many police officers worked for years. Measures were put in place, however, failed to eradicate the problem. The levels of radon, which is a radioactive gas that can cause serious health problems, were found to be "far above amounts posing cancer risks." Two police officers who worked in the basement have since died from cancer, and many members of the police offer union believe the deaths are linked to the radon exposure.
Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.