A fully redesigned IRE website will debut in December with improved navigation, easier event registration and a more robust search of Resource Center materials.
The transition to a new website will require a few temporary outages:
- New memberships and renewals will be paused Dec. 3-7. That will enable IRE to transfer its member database to the new site.
- The current IRE website will be taken offline briefly around Dec. 7.
Members and the public alike will see a variety of improvements on the new site, including:
- A homepage focused on IRE’s mission and how to get involved with the organization.
- Streamlined navigation to better-organized IRE content.
- Simplified event registration with robust information about conferences, data bootcamps, webinars or workshops, plus integration with Google Calendar and iCal.
- A unified advanced search of IRE resources such as tipsheets, audio files, contest entries, data sets, webinars, books and more. Now, items can be searched only in their individual category. For instance, on the new site, IRE members will be able to search “coronavirus” and pull up related tipsheets, webinars and more with one search. Items across categories may be put into an online shopping cart for easy check-out and download. IRE members still will get free access to these items.
- A new Diversity & Inclusion page will gather all of IRE’s related programs, fellowships, partnerships and other efforts in a central hub.
- Familiar items will remain, in a redesigned format: IRE Job Center, Shop, Listservs, Awards and more.
IRE last redesigned its website in 2011. The new website has been developed in partnership with Hoot Design Co., a women-led creative branding agency in Columbia, Missouri, near IRE headquarters at the Missouri School of Journalism.