We’re busy planning panels, demos and hands-on classes for the 2018 IRE Conference in Orlando. We’ve posted a partial list of expected sessions, but here are a few highlights:
- Tracks on timely topics including the election & politics, diversity, technology & tools, storytelling, work strategies and public records.
- Focused tracks for broadcasters, managers and beat reporters.
- Workshop-style hands-on classes that cover Excel, SQL, R and Python. These classes require pre-registration and fill up fast. Reserve a spot soon!
- Several panels to help you cover the #MeToo movement in your community.
- Panels on timely topics including covering trauma, investigating worker exploitation, managing large-scale breaking news stories and protecting yourself online.
- Hands-on classes to help you gather, analyze, clean and visualize data. We’ll have classes that start with the very basics (Excel 1: Getting started with spreadsheets) and get more advanced (Web scraping with Python).
Want more conference news? Follow #IRE18 on Twitter and bookmark our IRE Conference Blog.