There’s a powerful person or organization in your area and they’re abusing their power. Rumors are swirling about people who’ve been hurt, or money that was stolen. The folks in the know are scared. The flack is spewing hot-smoking nonsense.
You want this story. You want it bad. But you don’t have a clue how to get it.
It may seem hopeless. It is not.
During this half-day session, we’ll demystify the process and break down the concrete steps to take the Big Story. Topics will include:
* Understanding the role of media/power dynamics with interviewees
* How to help interviewees understand media literacy
* How — and when — to land a tough interview
* Interview preparation
* Conducting trauma-informed interviews and understanding racial trauma
* The power of silence
* How to interview someone who won’t talk to you (and yes, this can be done — sort of)
* What to do after the interview
Note: Master classes will not be available on demand after the conference.
Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.