The IRE website will be unavailable while we complete routine maintenance on Friday, December 17 from 8-10 am CT.
IRE favicon

Shop

Resource ID: #15240
Subject: Pollution
Source: WDAF - TV (Kansas City, Mo.)
Affiliation: 
Date: February, 1998

$0.00

Description

Employees at a courthouse in Macon, Missouri went to work one day. Within two days virtually all had been to the doctor, most to the emergency room. Doctors believe it was because they had been exposed to a chemical called Dursban. Dursban is the brand name of the chemical chlorpyrophis made by Dow Chemical. Doctors believe it was the exposure to Dursban following a routine indoor bug spraying that made the employees sick. The investigation found that DOW and the EPA knew of problems with Dursban.

141 Neff Annex   |   Missouri School of Journalism Columbia, MO 65211   |   573-882-2042   |   info@ire.org   |   Privacy Policy
apartmentpenciluserscalendar-fullcrossmenu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram