The IRE website will be unavailable while we complete routine maintenance on Friday, September 17 from 8-10 am CT.
IRE favicon

Shop

Resource ID: #18159
Subject: Health
Source: Village Voice (New York)
Affiliation: 
Date: 24-Jul

Description

A Village Voice investigation reveals that an insecticide has become a deadly poison, since it was stored at temperatures much higher than the supposed level. The story finds that Cheminova, the company manufacturing the dangerous malathion has been aware of the problem since 1996, and points to several death cases resulting from the use of the chemical. The article also follows a Florida lawsuit claim related to the injuries caused by the insecticide.

This file is not available for digital download. IRE members may place an order by emailing rescntr@ire.org

141 Neff Annex   |   Missouri School of Journalism Columbia, MO 65211   |   573-882-2042   |   info@ire.org   |   Privacy Policy
apartmentpenciluserscalendar-fullcrossmenu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram