Check out the IRE on the Road blog for several new postings, including:
- Tips on making the most of the computer-assisted reporting day on June 11 during the IRE conference in Baltimore.
- Advice from reporter Ron Campbell of The Orange County Register on digging deeper on covering businesses and their key leaders.
- A strategy for using mapping files to find data, even if you don’t use GIS software.
- An audio interview with Newsday reporters Eden Laikin and Sandra Peddie, who used databases and public records to track pension fraud in public schools.
- Watchdog tactics on the beat that helped the Detroit Free Press win a Pulitzer Prize this year for local news reporting.
- A guest blog item from reporter Brandon Stahl of the Duluth News-Tribune about how IRE training helped him investigate inaccurate property assessments.
-- Doug Haddix and Jaimi Dowdell, IRE training directors