Hundreds of journalists will be in New Orleans next week sharing skills, resources and story ideas as part of Investigative Reporters & Editors’ annual conference. With more than 400 speakers and 200 sessions, there’s something for everyone. Here are a few highlights:
- Award-winning journalists will take us behind some of the biggest investigations of the year. Learn how the Panama Papers came together and hear from the AP team whose work freed hundreds of slaves.
- Our Showcase panel focuses on Spotlight and includes the journalists who investigated the Catholic Church and some of the team involved in making the Oscar-winning film
- Dig into issues of law enforcement, the justice system and inequality in a series of panels featuring a leader of the post-Ferguson protest movement, a former judge and journalists covering the front lines of the issues
- Get hands-on experience working with data analysis and visualization tools. We’ll also have classes on coding and web scraping.
- Broadcast coaches Al Tompkins and Barry Nash and company will provide feedback in one-on-one sessions. We’ll also be offering our popular Broadcast Show & Tell sessions, which allow broadcast journalists to have their work critiqued by peers.
- Attend special events, including a keynote luncheon featuring Sheila Coronel, academic dean of the Graduate School of Journalism at Columbia University. And don't miss the traditional New Orleans Second Line parade that will depart the New Orleans Marriott on Thursday at 6:45 p.m. The parade will head to the Welcome Reception at the Aquarium. Join in the excitement with the band and grab your beads to take part in this New Orleans tradition.
- Get online access to dozens of tipsheets and speaker presentations.
- Maximize your conference experience by bundling in additional training from our partners: The Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism, INN, Tableau, ASNE and ICFJ.
There’s still time to join us June 16-19 at the New Orleans Marriott. Register online until June 14. After that, you can register on-site at the Marriott.
Get all the details here: http://bit.ly/1Yo51Pw