Welcome to IRE’s new website.
All the resources you count on are still available, from tipsheets and the vast story library to our unmatched data collection. Our goal with this redesign is to streamline the site and make our deep reservoir of resources easier to find and use. We’ve also added many new features.
Here’s a quick guide to some of the resources you’ve enjoyed for years, as well as some of the new offerings:
- Tipsheets can now be searched more easily. We’ve added plugins that highlight the newest additions to the collection and the most popular entries. As always, members can download them instantly.
- Story Packs tie together resources on specific topics and beats into easily accessible packages. We will add more as time goes on, and your suggestions are welcome.
- Our home page blog now includes all new content posted to the website, from Extra Extra items to training tips, job postings, IRE news and more. Popular blogs including Extra Extra also have their own homes on the site.
- More audio and video are available. We’ve posted several videos of panels from the 2011 IRE Conference. And soon we will post streamable audio from every recorded panel at conferences from 2006 to now. These sessions will be available to all members at no additional cost.
- You can now manage your membership online, updating your biographical information, checking out past purchases and more. You’ll create your own password (instead of using your membership number) and it will provide access to the entire site.
- We’re opening up comments for members on all of our blog posts, from Extra Extra to the On the Road blog, which will include even more training tips. Join the conversation about investigative reporting and share your expertise and opinions.
There’s more, but you get the idea.
Special thanks to Hot Type Consulting, which built the content management system, and to Upstatement, which helped us come up with a new look and, more importantly, a new way to organize and present all of the resources IRE has to offer. Thanks also goes to Delta Systems, which updated the member database and the member database interface.
Please give the new site a test run and let us know what you think. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.