Home » Tags » Data Library Blog
Tags : Data Library Blog
- the race, ethnicity and gender of the applicant
- how much money was requested in the loan
- the annual income of the applicant
- if the loan was considered "subprime" -- defined in this dataset by being three points higher than the prime rate -- how much higher its interest rate was
- The U.S. Census tract for the property location -- highly useful for mapping ...
By Julie Karceski NICAR Data Analyst
One year later, and we’re back where we started.
The one-year anniversary of the Minnesota bridge collapse, Aug. 1, sparked a flurry of articles -- more than 100 in the anniversary week -- reflecting on the event. Many revealed that bridges in certain states are in worse condition now than one year ago.
Newspapers across the country published stories with updates on the victims and investigations into what caused the collapse. Many journalists also put a local angle on the anniversary by investigating bridges in their own communities and bringing public safety into question ...Read more ...
At the time, the site administrators, who no doubt had their hearts in the right place, put this thing on the main page:
Some people are probably looking at the image on this post, which is a snapshot from the old home page (pre-today), and a link to the even older page (pre-2006) and thinking nothing's wrong with ...Read more ...