Make a Donation
At Investigative Reporters & Editors, we believe every journalist can be an investigative journalist.
The nonprofit was formed in 1975 by a small group of reporters from across the country who wanted to share tips about reporting and writing. Our membership has grown since then — with almost 6,000 members, we’re the nation’s largest group of watchdogs — but our mission remains unchanged: foster excellence in investigative journalism through training and collaboration.
Here are a few ways we empower the press:
- Provide training to 5,000+ journalists around the world every year. Our experienced trainers travel to small towns and major cities to reach communities in need.
- Provide fellowships and scholarships to journalists of color and other underrepresented groups to attend investigative and data training.
- Assemble the world’s best investigative and data journalists for conferences and workshops that offer hands-on learning and practical skills. We keep our registration fees low to make training accessible to everyone.
- Provide free or low-cost research and data services to newsrooms and freelance journalists.
- Compile thousands of investigative stories, resources and other training materials made by journalists, for journalists — all free to members.
- Provide mentorship for hundreds of journalists of all skills levels, breaking down competitive barriers and fostering collaboration.
- Curate the best of old-school and new-school reporting techniques to help our members hold the powerful accountable.
MORE WAYS TO DONATE
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support IRE every time you shop, at no cost to you. Select Investigative Reporters & Editors as your charity of choice, and whenever you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to our organization. Learn more.
IRE is registered with PayPal’s Giving Fund. PayPal covers all transaction costs for donations made on this site, ensuring that 100% of each gift made is available to charity.
To contribute by check, please mail your donation to:
Investigative Reporters & Editors
Attn: Heather Feldmann Henry
141 Neff Annex, UMC
Columbia, MO 65211
Find out if you can double the impact of your donation. Many organizations will match employees’ contributions. Ask your employer about matching gifts.