Empower the press.
Live in the kind of world only journalism can provide.
With more than 6,000 members around the world, we help fuel local, national and international newsrooms to do reporting that holds the powerful accountable and gives a voice to the voiceless. Your donations support the training of investigative journalists in your community and around the world.
Text: Text “4IRE” to 41444
IRE’s Facebook Page: Visit IRE’s Facebook page and make your contribution through Facebook.
PayPal: IRE is registered with PayPal’s Giving Fund. As a result, PayPal covers all transaction costs for donations made on this site, ensuring that 100% of each gift goes to the charity.
Checks: Mail your donation to: Investigative Reporters & Editors, Attn: Heather Feldmann Henry, 141 Neff Annex, UMC, Columbia, MO 65211
Memorials and Tributes: Make a gift in memory, in tribute or in honor of someone special by completing the secure online donation form or by mailing a check. Donating a memorial or tribute gift is a meaningful way to honor a loved one or celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday while supporting the work of IRE.
AmazonSmile: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support IRE every time you shop, at no cost to you. Select Investigative Reporters & Editors as your charity of choice, and whenever you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to our organization. Learn more.
Matching gifts: Find out if you can double the impact of your donation. Many organizations will match employees’ contributions. Ask your employer about matching gifts.
Questions: Contact Chris Vachon, IRE’s director of partnerships, at [email protected] or 317-371-6780.
IRE empowers me by providing the most invaluable investigative training and mentorship in the world. Journalists who dream of big ambitious public service turn to IRE, and the organization repays that trust year after year without fail. How do I know? Because I’m in that number. And so are many of my friends.
– Corey Johnson, Tampa Bay Times
An investment in IRE provides essential training and support to thousands of journalists in newsrooms large and small. Your donation is tax deductible; IRE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Provides training to 5,500+ journalists around the world every year. IRE’s experienced trainers travel to small towns and major cities to reach communities in need.
- Creates a vibrant community for IRE’s more than 6,000 members.
- Supports IRE’s efforts to be intentional with its diversity initiatives.
- Awards fellowships and scholarships to journalists of color and other underrepresented groups to attend investigative and data training events.
- Assembles the world’s best investigative and data journalists as speakers for conferences and workshops that offer hands-on learning and practical skills.
- Offers free or low-cost research and data services to newsrooms and freelance journalists.
- Compiles thousands of investigative stories, resources and other training materials created by journalists, for journalists — all free to members.
- Coordinates mentorship for hundreds of journalists of all skills levels, breaking down competitive barriers and fostering collaboration.
- Curates the best of old-school and new-school reporting techniques to help our members hold the powerful accountable.
You have done so much to help me with my career — asking me to teach at IRE and NICAR, helping me to get to them, providing resources — so please consider this my way of saying thank you.
– Disha Raychaudhuri, NJ Advance Media